A hallmark of modern biology is tremendous amounts of complex omics data, which require large-scale data management, comprehensive computational
analyses, and efficient integration, for better understanding of the data and hypothesis generation. For soybean with a newly sequenced genome,
there is an increasing need from the soybean community to have a one-stop interactive, web-based portal to browse, access and share knowledge
Towards this, we developed the Soybean Knowledge Base (SoyKB), a comprehensive all-inclusive web resource for soybean. SoyKB is designed to
handle the storage and integration of the gene, genomics, EST, microarray, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics,
pathway and phenotype data.
SoyKB provides an informatics-based social network system to build connections among soybean researchers, producers and consumers.
- Circos circular genome visualization tool added.
- SignalP tool added for signal peptide prediction.
- TargetP tool added for sub-cellular localization prediction.
- SNP data added for 41 NAM parents for Bilyeu lab for private access.
- Upstream 500, 1000 and 2000 nucleotide sequences added to gene card page for all genes.
- SCN condition microarray and rna-seq datasets added for Mitchum lab.
- Homologous genes from other species like Arabidopsis, Medicago, Lotus, Sorghum and others added on gene card page.
- Gene search feature added to Chromosome Visualizer tool.
- miRNA search by sequence and small RNA data added to SoyKB.
- Datasets selection option added to download data page for omics experiments.
- Methods selection option added to Phylogeny.
- Gene Ontology and EC functions added to gene cards page.
- Deleting groups and group memberships option added to SoyKB.
- Batch search for multiple Affymetrix Probe IDs and genes retrieval.
- Multiple Affymetrix microarray, cDNA array, Oligo array and RNA-seq transcriptomics experimental conditions samples from Dr. Steve Clough's lab added to SoyKB.